Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Resisting Seconds and Thirds

Stats
Starting Weight: 192.5, Goal Weight: 160, Current Weight: 189, Weight Lost: 3.5, Left to lose: 29
Thoughts for today
Made it out of the 190s today, the next few days will prove if I'm really out or it's just water weight or something. Here's one of the challenges to doing this over the long haul for me..my wife made a great lowfat baked ziti tonight and I easily could have eaten 3 portions of it instead of the perfectly good sized serving that fit into its square of my penitentiary-style tray. I enjoy eating great food, what can I say. But I managed not to go back for seconds and sure enough I don't feel hungry now. Also, I have noticed myself slowly feeling more energetic since I started this on Jan 1, and I think a lot of it has to do with not piling on the food.

Breakfast
A Large Fuji apple. 2 cups of black coffee.

Lunch
Chik-A-Fila sandwich on wheat and 1/2 order of the waffle fries that came with the combo. Glass of water.

Dinner
The wife found a great recipe for lowfat baked Ziti with lean ground beef and parmesan cheese. I liked it as well as I do lasagna and can't wait for leftovers tomorrow. Salad with balsamic vinagarette dressing. 2 bottles of Michelob Ultra lite.

Snacks
Small handful of roasted pumpkin seeds on the way home.

1 comment:

  1. That's one of my weaknesses too....going back for seconds when something tastes good. Good for you for making the decision to say no!

    ReplyDelete