Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Day 2010 - Weight Loss Begins

My name is Matt. Today begins this blog and my goal to lose 30 pounds. Weighed in this morning at 192.5.

Thoughts for today
I have lost lots of weight several times in the past, and each time I felt great and full of energy and ended up not even missing the big helpings of junk food. But inevitably I slip up at some point, pile on the weight again, and get pissed with myself for letting it happen. Then one day I finally get disgusted enough with not being able to fit into most of my clothes, and I go at the weight loss thing with a vengeance again and the cycle continues...

My hope this time around is that the discipline required to update the blog will keep me from slipping up anymore and I'll keep the pounds off for good this time. Here's what I ate today, will weigh again tomorrow morning:

Breakfast -Traditional New Years Day Good Luck Meal
Sensible portion of black-eyed peas, greens, ham hocks, and a scrambled egg for good measure. 2 cups of black coffee.

Lunch
One can of albacore chunk white tuna (Bumble Bee) on two slices of 12 grain bread (Arnold) with some vinegar. No mayo. A cup of chicken noodle soup (Campbell's). Glass of water.

Dinner
A good sized bowl of whole grain spaghetti (Heartland) with tomato sauce (Hunts). Mixed canned mushrooms and onions grilled in olive oil in the sauce. A slice of 12 grain bread garlic toast lightly buttered with County Crock Light. Glass of 1% milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment