Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pizza Envy

Stats
Starting Weight: 192.5, Goal Weight: 160, Current Weight: 187.5, Weight Lost: 5, Left to lose: 27

Thoughts for today
Went to lunch today with some of the guys from work to a great pizza and wings place, and ordered a grilled chicken salad. It turned out to be very good, but I have to admit when the waitress brought the other guys hot plates of steaming New York style slices, my salad suddenly didn't look quite as good in comparison. Of course getting teased a little by the guys for ordering salad didn't help either. This is going to be one of the challenges of doing this for the long haul. We go to lunch 2-3 times a week, and I refuse to become one of those people who tries to dictate where everyone else eats just because I'm trying to lose weight, so there will be more days ahead where I have to pass on pizza. But I won't pass on the days when I really crave pizza or whatever the food may be, because I feel strongly that blocking out all the good rich fatty foods that I enjoy is unrealistic if I want to make a long term change as opposed to the cycle of dropping some pounds and then putting them back on.

Exercise
About 30 minutes of Wii Fit.

Breakfast
3 pancakes (Fiber One) with about 1-2 spoonfuls of lite pancake syrup (Publix brand) on each pancake and 2 strips of bacon. 2 cups of black coffee.

Lunch
Salad with grilled marinated chicken at Mineo's. Glass of water.

Dinner
Wife discovered another good low fat recipe, butternut squash pasta. She also baked an excellent low fat yellow cake with chocolate frosting, and I had a small piece. Salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Bottle of Michelob Ultra lite.

Snacks
Small handful of almonds and a few Wheat Thins. Cup of hot chocolate with a marshmallow.

4 comments:

  1. When you're at your goal weight and your friends are starting to look as round as pizza pies...you'll have the last laugh :)

    Seriously, good job on sticking to your salad and protein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! You did better than I did yesterday. Hehe. I would say you don't have to completely stop eating the pizza, just watch your portion sizes, but I know that wouldn't work for me. Soooo....keep at it! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on picking the salad. This is horrible, but there are times when the only thing that lets me eat healthy when out with a group that is eating crap, delicious crap that I so desperately want, is a smug little voice that tells me I'm going to live longer. So long as I don't kill someone for a slice of pizza. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jeremy, we did find a low fat Greek pizza recipe the other day that I made for dinner, and it was really good. So maybe I can live longer and still eat pizza! Damn, I seem to be blogging about pizza a lot these days for a guy who is trying to lose weight.

    ReplyDelete