Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

First Buffet of 2010

Thoughts for today
The wife and I went to my favorite Indian food place for lunch and it's a buffet, my first one of 2010. I did OK. Not great, but OK (see details below). Buffets have traditionally been my "I gotta get my money's worth" downfall even though it usually doesn't cost any more than other restaurants. I tell you, all the silly rationalizations of this nature are probably how I gained most of my weight. Another one of my old rationalization techniques goes like this...eat a couple pieces of pizza, be full, but take a 3rd one and slice it down the middle so I'm only having a little bit more. Then I see that half a piece just sitting there looking lonely and cut that piece in half. Before I know it I've finsihed the 3rd piece and started the same process  on the 4th. Today might not have been the most healthy meal of 2010, but at least I didn't try to eat them out of business. Good night y'all.

Exercise
Ran 20 minutes on the Wii Fit tonight in order to break 10,000 steps and I think 20 minutes running is my new daily minimum. Lots of steps, good exercise, and it makes me really thisty for water.

Breakfast
Big bowl of raisin bran. 2 cups of black coffee.

Lunch
Indian food buffet. Authentic and excellent. I can't name most of what I ate other than Chicken Curry and Vegetable Marsala, but every bite was terrific. I had one reasonable size plate filled with all kinds of great chicken curry and a bunch of dishes I can't even pronounce, but I avoided anything that was obviously battered or deep fried. Went back for seconds of a really good cabbage dish, but used a much smaller plate for the seconds and didn't finish. Also of note, the seasoned grilled pita bread (Naan) that is served as an appetizer was terrific and probably not healthy but I manged to eat just one half a piece, when I normally would have had them bringing out multiple baskets of it.

Dinner
I cooked up a batch of spaghetti with multi grain pasta. No meat sauce this time since lunch was heavy. Used a couple wheat hotdog buns and split a 100 cal english muffin to create makeshift garlic toast with Smart Balance spray and garlic and minced onion.

Snacks
6 Whoppers, yes the candy, not the burgers! 10-12 Reduced Fat Wheat Thins. About 10 natural almonds. A few scoops of reduced fat Moose Tracks ice cream.

6 comments:

  1. HaHa! on the Whopper comment!

    I didn't know there was low-fat Moose Tracks, yum!

    Buffets are not good for me either. Great job on "doing the middle".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gasped momentarily over the Whoppers too! lol

    Multi grain pasta huh? I didn't even know it was available coz i've only ever seen wholemeal. I'll have to try and find it.

    Good on you for being good at the buffet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buffets can be dangerous, at least I know that's the truth with me! Good job!

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you'd like to come enter! I hit my 100 mile marker for the year

    ReplyDelete
  4. My eyes nearly fell out of my head when I read 6 Whoppers, lmao....next time say malted milk balls and keep me from having a heart attack dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, it sounds like you are making lots of little changes to your lifestyle, and those will add up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buffets are my biggest weakness! Sounds like you did alright, good job.
    Fogdog Weight Loss

    ReplyDelete