Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

7 Random Facts About Me

Thoughts for Today
As per the Beautiful Blogger Award, here are 7 random facts about me in no particular order. Tomorrow I will pass the award onto 7 of the many others I enjoy blogging with:

(1) My favorite candy bars are Zagnut, Clark, 5th Avenue, Charleston Chew, and Necco wafers.
(2) The next car I would like to own is a new Chevy Camaro.
(3) When I went to college, I was deadset against the idea of joining a fraternity, but I did and many years after college I still consider my Phi Psi brothers some of my closest friends, even the ones I haven't talked to in years.
(4) My favorite sports teams are the Tennessee Titans, Tennessee Vols, Boston Red Sox, and Boston Celtics.
(5) I can have conversations with my son that consist almost entierly of quotes from our favorite movies, tv shows, songs, etc.
(6) I once ate an entire large pizza because I was pissed at someone.
(7) I could easily have devoted (1)-(7) to my wonderful wife and family but I was trying to stick to random facts about me.

Exercise
The wife and I took a long walk at a beautiful park we had never been to. Around 8000 steps right now.

Breakfast
Bowl of Shredded Wheat with a little Special K Low Fat Granola sprinkled on top. 2 cups of black coffee.

Lunch
Subway. Turkey and Black Forest Ham with green peppes, onion, lettuce, black olives, spices, vinegar/oil. Baked Lays. Diet Coke.

Dinner
Hamburger (92% lean) on wheat buns with a terrific recipe for baked oven fries that my buddy Ruth Anne was kind enough to share with me. They turned out GREAT, thansk Ruth Anne! Here's the recipe in her words:

Peel 2-3 potatoes, or however many fries you want. Cut into wedges. I cut the potato in half, then cut each half into thirds.

Toss with olive oil. Season; I used Lawry's, but you can make up whatever combo you want. Salt, garlic powder, onion, paprika, etc...

Lay in a single layer on greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 for an hour or until soft. Broil for extra crispiness.

This was a Weight Watcher's recipe I had and it really is very good! Cuts out the butter/sour cream/bacon/cheese that makes baked potatoes so good. ;-)

Snacks
1 Fuji apple. Split a thin beef of beef jerky with the wife after our long walk.

4 comments:

  1. What about the whooper sweets? Thought they were your favs?

    That walk sounds nice. Did you duck behind a tree to make out? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure the quote thing is a guy thing. I swear that my husband's only joke are ones he hears from movies! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. EW boston red sox..
    not cool..not cool
    :)
    GO ANGELS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #5- me too, only with my sisters and after the first time we saw the movie.

    #6- me too, only ice cream quart.

    ReplyDelete