Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's My Pedometer!

Replacement pedometer showed up in the mail today and I now feel a rekindled sense of committment. I am starting to feel that same determination I felt on January 1 over again.

I think mindless eating is something that probably 90% of us weight loss bloggers have in common. I am convinced that only eating when I am actually hungry was the #1 thing that helped me lose so much weight betwen Jan-Apr. Since then, I have drifted back toward more "eating just because" and as a result I haven't lost any weight since April. I've even gained some back. #2 key to success was exercise. Not ridiculous amounts of it, but a very manageable committment to at least 15-30 minutes on the Wii Fit each day and a 10,000 steps a day. I've also gotten away from that. And #3 is the blog. I've pretty much been a no-show for the past few months and it feels good to be talking to my buds on here again. Just reading a few of your posts again has helped me refocus.

Wife just finished making a big pot o' great chili. Wish me the best in eating just one reasonable sized bowl! That is plenty enough to fill me up, but I will no doubt want more.

Good night y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog today and love it! Love this post. I think it's hard to remind ourselves what "reasonable sized" means now a days. Great for you! New follower and just wanted to say hi = ) Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Matt! You still around? I've been busy and a really bad blog commenter. BUT I wanted you to know I gave you an award on my blog today. Feel free to accept it, or not. My feelings won't be hurt, but I thought you deserved it. =)

    http://flabtofabonedayatatime.blogspot.com/2010/09/award-from-miss-dawne.html

    ReplyDelete